[pullquote]we’re talking and we’ll see what happens[/pullquote]
1. Tony, there have been a lot of bands reunite in recent years and we understand you have no plans to reunite Black Sabbath. Lyric Lounge would like to know if you would ever like to get the band back together or do you think it would be better to leave the past in the past and continue with new projects?
I thought you might ask that, we’re talking and we’ll see what happens.
2. As a guitarist I have nothing but respect for the work you have produced. Who would you cite as your major influence both starting out playing guitar and keeping you playing?
When I started out it was The Shadows, it was Hank.
3. Over the years you have been involved with a number of interviews and pieces regarding Queen; is or was there ever any (friendly) rivalry between the groups or even between musicians?
No, none at all, considering Brian May is one of my best mates.
4. If you could have done one thing differently in your career, what would it be?
If I weren’t doing this I would have probably done something in martial arts.
5. You have collaborated with many artists over the years, Serj Tankian, Dave Grohl, Billy Corgan, Phil Anselmo, Peter Steele etc. Who has been your favourite and why?
Hard to say, they were all very good, Dave Grohl was great, tremendous artist and very enthusiastic.
6. Is there anyone you haven’t had chance to work with that you desperately want to? (Or, hypothetically, is there anyone in musical history who you would have liked to have worked with?
Well Frank Sinatra, of course I couldn’t now, but Tom Jones I wouldn’t mind working with.
7. If you retired tomorrow (heaven & hell forbid!) what would be your proudest moment?
Proudest moment? Being able to stay alive until tomorrow.
8. What do you think is the biggest difference (and maybe problem) with the music industry today compared with when you started out?
It is very different; when I started you signed 7 album deals with record companies, now you sign for 1 and if you don’t sell a million you are out.
9. Is fame all it’s cracked up to be?
I’ll let you know when I get famous.
10. Who would you interview if you could choose anyone at all and what would you ask?